I think z1r covered this subject pretty well. The first rifle I put up here, I think, is a very nice version of a guild rifle. It is very nicely made complete with a manual pop-up diopter sight on the tang.

The second rifle is likely an example of the commercial mauser. It appears to be a Type S copy with the end of the stock removed a few inches. The barrel is roll marked 'Anton Kohle, Epfendorf Germany (about 4 miles from Oberndorf) buchsenmacherei ( gunsmith) . I believe this may be a Mauser employee building rifles during his off time, or maybe after retiring.

Just got some pics of what I am sure is a real cigarette rifle. It is scrubbed of all markings except a few stampings around the recoil lug of the action's bottom. I owned it for 8-10 years, but it now lives in a good friend's safe. It is a beautifully done rifle, long and slender and very light for what it is. According to a German poster on the German Rifle Collector's Forum was quite likely has surplus machine gun bbl. Seems the Germans made Ks of them for fighter planes early on, but quickly switched to cannon so the 8mms were stockpiled. They were a favorite bbl used by the cigarette rifle makers. I AM SURE the white diamond was a 'bubba' addition after it came to the states. It is cheesy as hell, but it kinda grew on me and I decided not to remove it. Honestly, I should have stripped and refinished the stock. I would have looked much better.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Hook; 02/09/22.