Adding THE NOTATION THAT THERE ARE NOW VERY MANY HANDSOME, REALLY HANDSOME RIFLES. NO ATTEMPT TO ADDRESS EACH POST, JUST AN 'INCLUSIVE' WOW! smile
Returning to "Cigarette rifles..."
1. The very term "cigarette rifle", a largely 'dead term'. As aptly noted by now those who even recognize the term itself, many evolved definitions.
2. My own prior comment, most further morphed and 'if ever' such category, no longer or good residual indications.
3. Bubbas, predominant thought not exclusive to N America, easily to be confused with the small home cellar industry as no exclusively distinguishable 'net', only predominant characteristics.
4. Referrals to pro quality such specimens, likely some few factually 'butts' in trade, but exception and perhaps such definition moved too far.
5. I don't know whether/to what extent the "Interwar" cottage industry rifles involving such commodity barter. I conjure small skilled workers 'making the most' out of the available. Such very much my above depicted AZ small ring mauser. I have 'some perhaps half dozen American bubba product assessed mausers an equal amount of pretty decent.

The fifties era as I was a teen, interesting. 'Opportunity' not, for me as seldom with more than the two nickels not making fire rubbing together! The latter seventies and eighties as shaking loose a lot of decent milsurps as the damn bursting with new & varied model multi factory guns, US & beyond shores, pushing prices down as creating markets for abandoning both milsurps and 'uncool' more staid rifles particularly including yet 'affordable pre 64 as well as interesting 'post' editions such as Model 88 Win. Good times, good prices and by then collecting without concerned reference to wallet! smile

Those were 'my days' my friends!!!
Best
John

Last edited by iskra; 02/08/22.