Originally Posted by dennisinaz
45 better?

In my opinion - yes, unless the targeted game has a minimum caliber requirement, or you can’t use a sabot.

Originally Posted by Pappy348
Knight has some videos showing their rifles getting stretched out, but I consider it a stunt. Even with the pointy ones, the trajectory has got to be getting pretty steep and wind drift considerable. Fun to play with for certain.

The Knight will drop a .50 caliber bullet quite a bit after 150 yards - it’s a definable curve, but you’d definitely need range time to dope it out. We can get around some of the drop with a sabot and .452 caliber bullet, but trying to overdrive the sabot generally results in a loss of optimal accuracy.

If he’s serious - a Savage or Remington smokeless build would probably be his best route. The CVA Paramount is the easy button right now - but I can’t personally comment on one - haven’t used it. The reviews seem to be full love or total hate - not seeing much middle ground.

If you want to see some stupidly accurate long range shooting - look up “IdahoLewis” (sp?) on the Modern Muzzleloader forum - he’s made a science of long range shooting with a muzzleloader.

Last edited by AH64guy; 02/08/22.