Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Stopping predator control slammed that area unbelievably. Total predator pit so fast it was unreal. Sitting on the rim of the Bonanza Hills and watching thousands of caribou passing for weeks is still some of the most incredible stuff I have ever seen. I see Macen every once in a while, Ben G and John McD I talk to regularly, Sheets and Bob B not so much though Bob lives lives just around the corner...

I stopped retelling about the Bonanza Hills, to tell how that country was in the 70's and 80's is simply not graspable. I guided and flew for Curley Warren, for years. Actually, Rick Halford originally filed for that Federal T & M site, and flew me out there in the early 70's to build a rough runway with hand tools. We did four species hunts (Brown Bear, Black Bear, Caribou, Moose) for $6,500.00 with near 100% success.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).