Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Bugger
I have had exactly 55 surgeries. I’m recovering from my last - a back surgery. I made it outside twice now since the last surgery. The doctors said if I didn’t get this last surgery I’d lose my left leg.
This surgery scared me more than any previous. I had two friends who became paraplegic after similar surgeries. But I’m recovering and walking around at least half the time. Seeing the surgeon in a couple of days.
This last season I had to have help - I couldn’t even lift a doe onto the tailgate. Luckily friends helped.

Glad you are up and about. I’m curious, did the doctor that did the sic surgery recommend physical therapy afterwards? I had a fusion in Nov. 2017, and my back said just to walk, if mistake if you ask me. I now see a chiropractor once a week so I can continue to move, iand I am sure I’m a lot younger than you are as well. If they offer PT, I’d really consider it.

They definitely told me to have PT. The weather here is really poor and I’ve not left the house since the visit to the surgeon.
One thing they stressed was walking. Start at 5 minutes a time and walk a little every half hour, unless sleeping. A couple of other things I need to have a couple rolled up towels behind me at the small of my back while sitting. They want me to work my stomach muscles in a isometric fashion - that is no movement.
I’ve lost some muscle in my left leg do to nerve damage - why I need to be walking a lot.

Thanks for the best wishes!

Last edited by Bugger; 02/21/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally