Originally Posted by Futura
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Originally Posted by Old Ornery
The pot growers go into nice small towns with lots of easy access National Forests, and really screw over the locals there with huge crime increases and they also try to limit NF access by threatening hikers/hunters. They also use lots of water for their plants. They can really basically destroy what some of those small towns.

Which state are you referring to?

That sounds like California

Yep, and Oregon as well.

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I wonder how many million$ of our money goes back to Communist China just through the cannabis industry? I'll bet that number would shock the hell out of everybody.

From what I actually KNOW, probably not that much. And yes, I actually have some insight into this very particular topic. Figure some money may be going back to help family members back in the PRC. But more than likely these are Chinese Capitalists (remember, China is the largest crony capitalist state on the planet) trying to make even more money the easy way. And doing their very best at attempting to keep all proceeds out of the hands of ANY government. And it's interesting this is happening in OK. The word in CA is that pot is now so cheap, that even tax free (hence illegal) commercial grows aren't worth the effort.