Couple years ago I acquired a early 70'era, M70 FWT pushfeed 7x57 that I am considering using as my primary GoTo Shooter for up to 250/300 yard shot's on WT's & hog's for next year as it is light, and fits me well, better than the other 3 deer shooters on hand, with not much recoil in either S&B 140 gr'ers & the box of Hdy 129gr SST's I stumbled onto, which is a good thing with my 77 year old bum right shoulder, "a gift of the Dallas VA surgical team" 10+ years ago. .

I picked this rifle up in a trade sight unseen when the very old friend dealer could not sell the rifle for a couple years 'casue he was asking TOO MUCH Money. It has been "tuned" but is still 100% factory finished ie all the metal on metal connections have been lovingly slicked up super smooth and re bedded to eliminate some leftover factory high spots. So as I'm going to break out the reloading stuff this spring for some other calibers & bullet weights, I've also bought a couple box's of 7mm Hndy 139gr'ers + a variety of Spitzers + found a box of 7mm 120 spitzers in a garage sale & traded for some 7mm 129gr & 139 gr SST's too.

So...My ? is what bullets to look at 1st for use as an every day 200 yard practice & mebbe hunt with too. I'm leaning towards using the leftover trade goods spitzers to start with, but hunting with one of the SST bullets, depending on accuracy in one or the other.

My other on hand shooters are a cherry clean Tikka Swede, and a pair of 270's in a Marlin MR7 SS/composite & and a Portugal finished M70, both of which shoot decently when the shoulder is not a problem. Ya'lls thoughts and comments appreciated.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 02/25/22. Reason: clarity