Feet and hands are IMO the 2 most difficult parts of the body to offer suggestions for. What one guy freezes in, the next guy sweats wet from the inside. Then of course one also has to define what/when/where said clothing will be used. Then of course there's "fit". Some folks want all gloves to fit/feel like a tight set of European driving gloves so they get great feel. That's fine, but, without some dead-air space, you'll not ever get much insulative value no matter how bulky the glove may be. The gloves I'd wear to spot and stalk are significantly different than what I might wear sitting for hours in an ambush location or up in a tree-stand. That being said:

"Active Glove Nirvana", not sure if I've found it, but Hestra Ergo Grip Active is getting pretty darned close. WindProof Gore-Tex Infinium stretchy back and extremely tactile leather face. How tactile you ask? As I was writing this response, I just put them on and I can pick up a quarter off my desk. I don't mean sliding it to the edge, I mean I pinned it with my index finger, slipped my thumbnail under the quarter and picked it up. I can "still hunt", spot and stalk, or bird hunt behind the dog with these as cold as I want to be out, as long as I'm moving a bit, they'll keep my hands comfortable.

Active Glove Nirvana

A much more budget-friendly option that's "almost" as good are by Manzella, they're made for archery hunting and have a little longer gauntlet. Mine are several years old, they're wind-proof and the trigger finger from the 2nd knuckle to the tip is spandex and allows for excellent feel of a trigger wether it's a rifle, shotgun, handgun, or bow-release. I think they make a newer model w/Gore Infinium now that's ~$40 @ regular price.

For more stationary pursuits I go straight to "Glommits". Simms made a great one that was wind-proof, had high-pile lining on the back, a pretty thin palm/face, and a pocket in the fingertips for a chemical heater. I typically pair them with a thin merino liner. The Kuiu liner would be a good choice too. A buddy bought me a set of the Kuiu liner gloves and used appropriately they add a LOT of warmth for very little bulk. Simms doesn't make the high-pile lined gloves/glommits anymore and have instead moved to Primaloft (synthetic down) and Gore-Tex infinium rather than their previous proprietary windstopping material. They're still called the Simms "Ex-Stream".

Again, Manzella also has a more budget friendly option that's almost as good. They make a wind-proof fleece glommit with a chem-heater pocket in the fingertips that's ~$30-40.

I LOATHE "tight" gloves. My hands typically measure out to "XL" or size 10 in sized gloves. I almost always opt for 2XL or 11 so long as they're not "sloppy" or the fingers aren't too long and folding over. IMO, that upsizing allows me to get by with far less bulk than what I could with a tight fitting glove.

The search for "The Perfect Glove" is (or has been for me) far worse than the search for "The Perfect Pocket/EDC" knife.

Last edited by horse1; 03/05/22.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.