673;
Morning my friend, I see your light is still on and hope the coffee is a good batch this morning and the sun is up there too.

I'll preface this with the thought that my heart and prayers go out to the citizens directly affected by all of this, particularly in the Ukraine where they're either forced to leave or are embroiled in the fighting. As an additional thought on that, I'd say that if one does careful research into the organization, there might be charities who are rendering meaningful aid to those citizens and that might be worthy of support if one is so inclined.

The more I dig into the past decade and a bit within Ukraine the more convinced I am that pretty much everyone is lying to us about it - everyone.

That all out of the way then my friend, I too share your incredulity at folks who support taking my restricted long guns away because they have no purpose in a modern society and at the same time fund raise to send actual combat ready tools to the citizenry of another country because they're now vital in their modern society.

When confronted about this, they are absolutely not aware at all of the diametrically opposed position they're taking either - will not admit it in fact. If I was younger and less jaded, it might actually blow my mind, but as it stands it just confirms my opinion that we're not going to change some people's minds regardless of the facts presented.

Sending surplus 1950's wool pants which in all probability will never, ever get anywhere other than a Canadian landfill is again virtue signaling in my view. I suppose there's possibly room for some people who aren't capable of critical thought within the moment so we could argue if they're capable of virtue signaling? I'd be open for that exchange too...

Finally my friend, it shows me that there still exists a segment of our society who are listening to the legacy media and not questioning who writes the scripts for them. That indicates we who see through that veneer still have our work cut out for us to continue to encourage our fellow citizens to question and then by doing so hopefully will also see the light. We can hope anyways.

It's ironic for me in that it's a wee bit like sharing one's faith with someone else. As the sharer, we don't know if the listener will accept or reject what's being shared - that's a fact. I've made my peace with the belief that it's up to God to change the hearts and minds, I am only able to show though example and respond intelligently if asked to defend my position on the matter, you know? So in that regard it's a place where I've existed for much of my adult life and to me again this is quite similar.

Hopefully that made some sense?

All the best to you all this week and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"