Nick1899;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I trust you're getting tolerable weather and the weekend was a fine one for you all.

Thanks for the reply and your take on this all, I appreciate it.

Indeed it seems like too much of an amazing coincidence in some ways does it not?

On the subject of support and organizations who may or may not deserve anyone's hard earned dollars.

In my email inbox this morning was an update from Samaritan's Purse who are setting up a field hospital in the Ukraine.

We got involved with them via their Operation Christmas Child shoebox campaign in our church, which we'd dug into a bit as church management - used to be on the church board - and they seemed to be a reasonably run charity.

When there was a major flood in Grand Forks which is two valleys east of me a couple or three springs ago there was a team from Samaritan's Purse on the ground helping locals before ANYONE else, including the provincial government. They helped people pack and move, had a field kitchen going and looked to be pretty effective to me. Never heard a word crosswise about them afterward either from anyone.

When the flood hit Abbotsford last fall they were some of the first organizations in on the ground again.

In no way am I saying I know who is benefitting from your donations there or anything else that might or might not be relevant, but they seem less top heavy than say the Red Cross as an example. No, I'm not suggesting anyone should or should not support the Red Cross either, again just attempting to articulate what I saw in two disasters which were local enough that I had some knowledge of.

Nothing more than that.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"