Barnes TTSX's. Now that's a very good idea for bigger critters. Thanks.
As previously mentioned I'm coming off a 9 year "forced vacation" of shooting anything but very rarely & only occasional paper as a way of analizing if I am ready to do the work necessary. The Hdy 139's are adequate for the Texas sized Wt's and similar sized game. Better Grade Bullet choices here are like everywhere else and hard to come by but it seems like it's beginning to ease just a little.

At the TPW SP I'd won a ticket for in January, the nearly new Ky built Marlin X7S held true with a decent sized hog of about 160lb's peeking at me thru a brushy thicket at a little over 150 yards and took a bullet in between some brushy limbs perfectly for a DRT no squeal result...so I am getting there, albeit slowly.

I also have about a K+ of several kinds of 270 bullets to play with. Some of these I had bought out of estate sales a very long time ago and are still in RP red paper box's..or just bulk box's & bag's of Hdy's & Noslers, but had shot straight way back when , and are gonna be my prime practice ammo, along with umm 500+ 6.5's and a nearly new Tikka Swede to keep me loose and pliable and Not Bored or frustrated with just one gun when things don't go to that Day's Plan. Burned too much daylight to waste any more time over the last 10+ years jacking with the Dallas VA's surgery ward.
Ron