Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I am going to try to trade today. There is a GMC in SE MO I want. Will just have to see what they offer for my 15 Silverado. Used trucks are selling for more than they should as well.

I dont know if I'd do it, they are having too many lifter issues with the 5.3 and 6.2 engines, I'm hearing good things about the 3.0 diesel though. Even the dealership advised putting an afm shutoff on my 5.3. I'll wait until warranty is out before I do that though.

I've seen a few of those small D-max's advertised at local dealers. Mostly ignored it. Decent? Enough to move a 1/2 ton with some authority?

I drove a new gmc 1500 with the 3.0 the other day. I've been wanting a new suburban with that motor but can't even find one to test drive so I tried the truck. The little diesel moved it around well. I could definitely feel the torque and the gm 10 speed worked great and seemed better programed than the one in my 2021 f150 powerboost. My Ford has a ton of power with 430 horse and 570 torque so I was worried the baby duramax would feel week. It didn't, it moved that gmc around well. It was a special order someone backed out of and they wanted $3500 over msrp for it. They were taking orders at invoice a few months ago but now they want msrp on special orders.

Bb