Originally Posted by 79S
I have a 7 digit stainless in a 300 wsm. I bedded it and all the other stuff. One day it shoot fine go shoot it again shoot like chit. So I tore it apart I removed the chamber support of the bedding job. Still shot wonky as hell. I’m thinking WTF is wrong with this rifle different scope. Still shooting wonky, finally looked at the mag box it’s binding on the floor plate. I took the mag box to a belt grinder got to grinding. No more binding, went and shot it using 178gr eld-x and H4831 and shooting pretty consistent now. It’s around moa, not going to set any National records with it. But for moose and caribou out 300yds do just fine.

Good info J. That goes with what I was saying about the actions being very sensitive to stress. One of the rifles I sold you, the 6 digit classic sporter 30-06 was like that. I originally had bedding under the chamber area for about 2". You know everyone suggests bedding under the chamber. Sometimes it works, sometimes it definitely doesn't. Took it to the range and it just wasn't shooting as well as it should have. I went prepared with some sand paper and a deep well socket though, so I could remove that portion of bedding if need be. I worked that area over until there was clearance and right away groups shrank to 1/2-3/4". Pulled it out of the stock again and hit it one last time at the range so there was ample clearance, reinstalled and shot a 5 shot cluster that would make you blush. You know how that rifle shoots. The mag box clearance or binding can sure be an issue with these. Good point to bring it up for sure.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA