Originally Posted by ElkSnort
Originally Posted by rusty75
I’m am interested in the above rifle for an upcoming elk/mule deer hunt and have the opportunity to purchase NIB from local shop. This will be my “big rifle” as the only reason I can justify a 300 is a potential nilgai hunt where 300 magnum is minimum allowed.
The gun is $800

Any reason to avoid a classic 300wsm from a quality or feeding standpoint? Bolt cycles as smooth as I could ask for right now.
Will accuracy be acceptable without tinkering beyond a trigger job?
Is $800 a good price?

Thanks!

Not a bad price for a NIB Classic. Be prepared to bed the action and free float the barrel as well as lighten the trigger a little bit. Good thing all this can be done by you

DO IT!

I agree, and please don't just bed the recoil lug when you glass bed it. There's a reason we say "properly" glass bed. I had to recently fix one that was not properly glass bedded by the original owner. He only bed the recoil lug and not the tang. It did not shoot to its full potential. Good thing some things are easy to fix and do proper.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA