My Shop is 24 ft. X 40 ft. with all the above Amenities needed. Welder in additional attached Garage/work area. (Works great)
With Concrete being #4000 psi. 6 inch thick Slab on proper vapor barrier/ with 2 inch Ridged insulation underneath,(keeps floor warm),
and proper Steel reinforcement, on a compacted Base.
I built mine 45 yrs. ago, with no problems, and plenty of room,(more is better), and I don't regret it!
Keeping it organized, with storage space is important. You can accumulate a lot of additional Stuff.
Work benches for tool storage, cabinets, possible Safe's for Gun Lock up.
If you make it big enough, and properly plan for it, your reloading bench, and area, can be included, like mine,
Just remember to keep the so called sparks away from your Powder.(Shop common Sense).
All the powder, stays in Locked humid controlled cabinets.

I built it yrs. ago when my Father in Law was a Smith, and it gave him a place to do his thing.
With both in laws, both gone now, I still use the shop as needed. We had a lot of Fun, in that shop, and I learned a lot.
My Father in Law had to retire early on Disability, and was able to keep going doing gun repairs when he felt up to it.
Having a shop with temperature control, heat/cool, he could stay more comfortable.
I also built a double door, with access to outside for Customers, deliveries, etc..................
off the Concrete Driveway.

My Buddies always told me I was ahead of my times building, and having the fore sight, to do so, at a young age.
That and a Quarter back then got me a cup of Coffee!
I understand Money and Budgets. Do what you can.
Good Luck,

HS58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 04/03/22.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!