So
I bought a nice 16 ft Lund up by Detroit 10 hrs from home one time. Went to get it mid December drove up stopped about 5 hours from home so she could Christmas shop the next day(Saturday) woke up to snow cold and wind. We got up drove 2 more hours to outside of Chicago decided what hotel to stop at and just as i pulled up to stoplight i felt a slight bam. Figured someone rear ended me with slick roads but,,,,, no cars in sight. So i pulled up to hotel and something didn’t look right. And after investigating the bam was the right side leaf spring broke. here i am Saturday afternoon 3 hours from home nothing open. Unhooked the boat went dropped her off, proceeded to N_____ rig it.
Bought a leaf spring but the bolts were all froze(imagine that) so i bought a 4x4 and a 2x4 and a hand saw. Cut the 4x4 to fit between the frame and spring, shaved a little piece off 2x4 to wedge in, ratchet strapped the axle to the cross ember pulling broke sping back together then ratchet strapped the spring 4x4 to the frame. Told her if i get around the block and it doesn’t come apart we heading home. And 4 hours later i pulled into driveway

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum