I am not a witness to this, but I heard it from two independent sources at different times. (Hey, it’s more than good enough for CNN, right?) This person (identified by name by both sources) bought an army surplus parachute so he could go parasailing behind a 1970s Dodge Super Bee. He would run behind the car while it gained speed and someone would throw up the chute and he would sail. Unfortunately, on one run the chute got messed up and he came down from about telephone pole height and was a human scab for a while. Both sources also indicated that the same person had built a motorized bicycle out of a kid’s banana seat bike and a chain saw. These are north Louisiana stories, so it adds a lot of credibility to them.

One of the sources on that story had a relative in Illinois who rigged up a homemade airboat and ran it on a small pond and somehow lost a part of an arm in the crash in front of observers (probably while someone held his beer). I have to write my source and get the details on that one, because it has been a while since I heard it. My source also claims that he had a relative in Illinois who had a bit of a drinking problem and reached into a secret hiding spot on the farm to get his stash and wound up drinking stump killer instead. Apparently, it doesn’t just kill stumps.

Good stories no matter what, and something to which some may aspire.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln