Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by RIO7

What tires are you thinking of using? Rio7

I like dura tracs...may try some toyo mud and snow run 10 ply...will have 2 sets of tire and rims 1 set sipped? and studded for winter.....what are you thinking?.....bob

I used Dura tracs (studded) on my 1 ton Ram. The only tire yet to leave me on the side of the road with a flat. Did not do well in deep snow. I took them off and put them on my 3/4 ton plow truck to wear them out. I had to resort to chains to get unstuck with them, but that could have happened with other tires to maybe. I had Toyo Open Country MTs on a 3/4 ton. Great in mud and deep, wet snow. Scary on snowpacked roads and ice. Always wondered what they would be like siped. I did sipe some Firestone MTs. They proved to be the best overall winter tire I ever had.

It seems the people who really like Dura Tracs are running them on 1/2 tons and SUVs. We are running Cooper Rugged Trex on 2 SUVs currently with the Firestones on a third. The Coopers are not as good as the Firestones since they don't paddle through deep snow as well but are as good on the highway. I would also like to try the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs.

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 04/17/22.