Found a 12 year old post on this cartridge looking around here about it. A guy I know is funding his trip to New Zeland next year and sold me his still unfired 2008 Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 375 Ruger. He included 3 boxes (60rounds) of Hornady 300gr factory ammo and a Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 in Leupold 30mm rings for Ruger rifles. I've been a 375 whatever fan for a long time with different rifles in 375 H&H, 375 Win, 376 Steyr and now a 375 Ruger. In fact, picked up the 375/350 wildcat that NTO had listed in the classifieds as well. Info I'm finding online is pretty favorable to the Ruger cartridge, hoping to read personal experiences here about it. The rifle is not the Alaskan or African model. And while I have no plans for Africa, an Alaskan trip is on my bucket list. I also moose hunt up in Saskatchewan and don't think I'd mind toting this around there either. Hoping for a good read here, thanks!

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 04/24/22.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member