I have what started out as a 23" stainless African. it came in a laminated stock. I had it cut back to 21" and installed a mcmillian mkII classic. I have a 1.75-5x32 burris sig safari on it. It sports a timney trigger as well. shoots about as well I can with the 5X scope most groups are right around 1-1.25". I havent worked up any loads for it really just choose a 270TSX load and went with it.

I know it sounds odd but the 1.5" I cut off the barrel seems to make it feel quite a bit more handy than you would think. Every time I pick up a 23" african it seems too long and when I hold an Alaskan it feels to short.. so goldlylocks says 21.5 is just right.

I have to say I don't have much to shoot with it, shot some steel, shot a doe, but short of a trip to Alaska I don't have much to do with it, i was planning on making some reduced loads with 235 speers but have been busy and haven't gotten around to it.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge