I will say three things.
1. Although I do remember RMEF stating that they were for wolf management and hunting of them as links have been posted above , I don't remember them ever coming right out and saying they wiould not support wolf introduction. Just a lot of tap dancin gabout like Colorado CPW's stance at present

2. Back in the 80's and early 90's, my wife and I suported RMEF and did quite a bit of volunteer work. I don't know if they are still there,but several of my wife's enlarged photographs that she donated hung in the RMEF office. Then I researched where all the money was going in terms of elk conservation, property acquisition etc. Montana was getting a bigger share than any other state. I asked RMEF as to why Colorado wasn't getting more, even though back then Colorado kicked in a lot of money.The answer I was given was Colorado didn't need it.

3. I don't know if it was the BOD, Commisioners or? but for a few years RMEF paid a lot of attention to archery hunting. The Bulge magazine was loaded with such articles and you were hard pressed to fine an article of rifle hunting. It was like rifle hunters were 2nd class citizens. That went on for 4-5 years, then it slowly died away and hunting itself took a back seat to conservation. I am all for conservation and elk habitat enhancment, but hunters are mostly are footing the bill. I supported RMEF because I thought their charter was to improve elk hunting and open up land to hunting. I don't see that and that is why I don't send them money.

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/26/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles