I took my 375 H&H AI out to my range today, with a couple of loads using FC Nickel plated 375 brass:

85 grains IMR 4350 and 300 grain Hornady
82 grains RE 15 and Speer 235
Primers were 215's.

Both these loads are a little warmer than halfway between starting and maximum, I believe. My stand-up shooting bench is at 50 meters from the target. I was happy to see that both loads hit nearly the same POI. The 235 grain load shot about 3/4" and the 300 grain load shot about 6/10" groups. Center of the groups were less than 1/2" apart.

Some people complain about recoil on the 375 H&H AI (375Weatherby) and I don't understand that. Since it doesn't kick that bad. I could not handle 400 grain Rigby loads loaded near 416 Weatherby velocity - I am not immune to recoil. Those Rigby loads gave me instant headache! Sure I wouldn't want to shot that 375 all day from the sit down bench, but the recoil is greatly exaggerated, in my opinion.

As far as taking that Whelen AI elk hunting, it didn't happen. I took a 270 with 160 grain partitions instead. It worked fine.

I had back surgery earlier this year, so I am toning down my hunting this year, probably.

Last edited by Bugger; 04/28/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally