Originally Posted by AdventureBound
While I agree with the assessments that our world is in a poor moral condition, I believe that we are a long way from Jesus’ return.

In Matthew 24:3, the disciples asked Jesus, “… what will be the sign of your coming and the end of the age?” Jesus’ answer was lengthy, filling verses 4-14. A key pre-requisite is defined in verse 14: “And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Scripture quotes from ESV)

Looking at the website, joshuaproject.net, there are 17,433 people groups in the world. Of these, 7,418 are unreached - 42.6%.

We are a long way from fulfilling the pre-requisite of Matthew 24:14.

Paul seems to believe that the Gospel of the Kingdom was preached in all the world. He says as much in 4 different places:

“…the gospel, which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing…” [Col. 1:5-6]

“…not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven…” [Col. 1:23]

“But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for ‘Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” [Romans 10:16-18]

“Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith…” [Romans 16:25-26]

So, according to Paul, the Gospel WAS preached “in the whole world”, “in all creation”, “to all the earth”, “to the ends of the world” and was “made known to all nations.”

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )