My First .22 rifle Belonged to a Great Uncle I never met. My Great Aunt came across it under her Bed many years after he passed away. She called my Father to come remove it as she did not ant any guns around the house after he died. My Father shared with me that my Great uncle worked for the Erie Lackawanna Railroad for 40 Years as a signal Man in the Caboose. This time period was for steam engines and he carried this Remington Model 12-A in an oil cloth in the caboose with him. When the steam engine Train would come into small towns to Pick up passengers and get water to make it's steam he would knock the head off a Cock Pheasant and the boys and him would share in a Nice Pheasant dinner once the train was back under Motion. I got it when I was 10 Years old, and my Father cut the stock off it to fit me better back then. I lost Tract of just how many Bricks of .22 shells this rifle has fired aince I was a young Boy, But I can tell you it has Bagged Hundreds of Gray squirrles in taht time span. I grew up with it, and later bought a complete model 12-A Parts rifle to harvest the stock off it so I could Put this rifle back original. I called the Remington Plant one day and asked for the age of this rifle off it's serial numbers and was told it was shipped to a hardware store In Lyons New York in 1913, and later that year Purchased by my great uncle. It will remain in my Family and eventually be passed on to my Daughters children as they grow and want to learn how to shoot their first rifle.. Thegeneral.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..