Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I saw a comparison on YouTube of 3 powder measures and the RCBS Competition did very well. I like the idea of a baffle and the Competition isn’t much more than the Uniflow.

I've never even looked at the competition model. Buy one and let us know how she does. I can' t tell you how many times I've pulled the handle on my uniflow, but its enough times to tell you its a great measure. I've been using it since '96 and it's still going strong. I can say it is a very crucial part of my reloading equipment.

Nothing more than a Uniflow with micrometer adjustment screws and their 5.99 baffle thrown in. They think real highly of those screws, 50-60 bucks per.

Oh, ok. I have a micrometer adjustment for my uniflow. I tried to like it, but prefer the smaller one that came with the uniflow.
Originally Posted by Sheister
I'll be curious how it works for you when it arrives. I've looked at the upgrade kits to make the regular Uniflow into a competition version, but mine works so well for what I use it for I can't convince myself to change it. But then I've been using it for at least 40 years so I know all its little quirks.... besides, for the small difference in cost I would have gone that route also...

Bob

Dang, I should have looked to see what the difference was. I tried to like the larger micrometer adjust screw, but didn't like it very much. It seemed too big to me, and added extra weight to the handle. I'm like you Bob, I'm so used to the regular adjustment screw that I just turn it where I think it should be and am generally only off by a few grains and then its simple to adjust from that point. I was thinking the other day that its funny when I've made the initial adjustment and found it to be spot on. Its just a matter of learning the system. When I'm working up loads and bumping up charge weights by 1/2 grain, I just adjust the measure and set the scale and 90% of the time it is right on the money.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA