Originally Posted by devnull
Timely thread...I have the PPM and it's good with stick powders. Definitely leaks with ball. I'd like a powder measure that's accurate.

Accurate with what kind of powder? That may be the better question... I have no issues at all with ball powder and flake powder with the uniflow. I don't load a ton of pistol ammo, just enough to do the monthly bowling pin shoots with 3 different pistols. Rifle on the other hand, I will sit down and load 1,000 223's at a time. That is just a little over 3 hours on the single stage. Accuracy can also be interpreted as how well your loads shoot downrange as well as how accurately or precisely powder is dispensed. Here's my take: I have all but switched to finer powders that meter very accurately out of my uniflow for the smaller rifle cartridges I shoot. This includes the 223, 6x45, 22-250, and some slightly larger hunting cartridges like my 7mm08 and 308win. I still drop and trickle charges in for my precision loads that I use in competition. Well one of the cartridges I use in competition anyway (6.5 creedmoor). My uniflow does not drop consistent enough charges of H4350 to suit my needs. This is what I like, when I can get it:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
These are weighed charges^^

Now, I shoot the same events with my 22-250 on less windy days. Its surprising how well that little bullet does, even at 600 yards:
and at 400 yards:
These loads are all just dropped from the uniflow. I've checked mine and it's never even close to a 1/10th of a grain off with ball powders or fine extruded stuff. Once set, its there and I don't use baffles either. Never have seen the need to do so. Now, I've experimented with powders like H4895 and did a comparison between dropped charges from the uniflow where there is as much as 3/10 of a grain difference and dropped/trickled and weighed charges:

Now, the same load and rifle, but with weighed charges:

That's a substantial difference. So, in terms of "accuracy", the proof is always going to be downrange on target as well as what the scale tells you. All of my plinking ammo for my AR's is loaded straight from the uniflow to the case in the loading block. Accuracy is always sub moa in my good rifles and right around moa with the others:

Also, as for a powder measure that "leaks" out onto the loading bench, I would have ripped the mother fu cker out and thrown it away. That's just me though.. I can live with having to drop and trickle the rest in on extruded powders. That is just a 6-8 second per case affair anyway. Not a huge inconvenience.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA