I read an article on weighing charges quite some time ago written by some reloading guru with a reputation of knowing what he is doing.... in any case, he suggested a technique to make your Uniflow work best with stick powders like H4831, which I use a lot, is to make quick, up and down movements and always in exactly the same motion so the charge bar would load the same each time and the drum would cut any kernels half in the opening without hanging up. I tried it and it works very well and I have continued to use this technique ever since. I can usually throw stick powders within about .2 grains if I pay attention, but I check them anyway and adjust if necessary.

I have found a weak point in my system quite a while ago though. My Ohaus 10-10 is a very good scale but I found it wasn't always settling like I wanted and I wasn't sure of my loads a few times. I looked in the cradle where the pivot rod sets and I realized there was a bit of dust in there. I used a qtip and a bit of alcohol and cleaned it out and the arm worked much better and settled more consistently. I still tap the arm once it has settled to make sure it settles in the same place before dumping my charge if I'm not comfortable with how it is acting but this usually takes care of the issue. I did buy one of those little electronic scales you can get on Amazon and ebay for about $20 just recently to check my 10-10 when I need to just as a back up.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.