Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
I don't think we're close yet to the worse to come, bad times for sure.

Hutterites I like Amish, correct? Do they use electricity, vehicles etc?

yep all three, Fantastic farmers . He took me back to his operation and offered me home made wine. NICE FOLKS

Hutterite “wine” tastes more like rubbing alcohol than a drink.

Also, you won’t think they’re so nice when you get back to your unlocked car….

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not really like Amish.

Very modern.

Communism. Nobody owns anything, the colony does. So when they go to the hospital they get it free or cheap. And all that collective buying power let’s them gobble up land to farm with new equipment.

Each colony is different. Some are really fûcking weird and distrustful, some are really nice.

Yes, they are communists big time. And all their wives receive food stamps because on paper, they have no income.

They’re experts at gaming the system.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not really like Amish.

Very modern.

Communism. Nobody owns anything, the colony does. So when they go to the hospital they get it free or cheap. And all that collective buying power let’s them gobble up land to farm with new equipment.

Each colony is different. Some are really fûcking weird and distrustful, some are really nice.

Never seen a colony that were good land stewards, nice enough people usually but they are hard on land.

There was a colony by Valier that got in trouble a few years back. Seems they used so much pesticide/herbicide that some horses downstream died from it.

Funny thing is, they truck their produce over to Missoula and Whitefish and the yuppies go nuts for it. They think it must be organic because it’s grown by these simple people.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.