Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
"Yep. if John Nosler were a better shot, he wouldn't have invented the Partition."

Now that's funny!

Uh-huh. And likely true. Moose don't take a lot of killing, just a bit of time to get there. I've killed them with .22 Mag (road-hits) .243, 12 Ga slug, 270, 30-30, '06, .338WM, and maybe some day, my 7X57 and/or .260.

I won't ever use a .338 210NP on moose again, I'll tell you that! Blew up on the near-side shoulder blade, nothing ever got to the far side lung, never found the back part- probably went back out the large entry wound. An anomaly, probably, but still....a moose lurching back to it's feet when you are 10 feet away on the walk-up is not a good thing. Gets the juices going tho! smile

The 225, 250 NP's , yes, but several C&C shoot better in my rifles, and I don't need Premiums anyway. I have some (at least two calibers) , but I don't "need" them, when C&C do everything I ask of them.

If a good blood trail is mandatory, the SST's will definately do it, but so will several others. I won't use Federal Hi-shoks anymore on large animals tho. Explosive, almost. Probably very good on 150# deer. And accurate, in my rifles. Good for target practice, large entry wounds and shrapnal inside the body, but I'm a blow--hole-to-daylight guy.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.