Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by kaboku68
There is a 1953 Winchester Model 71 in 348 Win at the Local LGS for 2000.00. One dude looked at it and turned it down today. If it is there on Friday I am putting it on lay-away. Teachers aren't dripped in gold and lets go brandon but I am cashing in my personal days because they wouldn't let me hunt this last fall because there were no subs.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Geez, standards sure expensive in your part of the country.

Not often you catch a good deal up here. Why you think I buy off 24 hour classifieds so much. But when you do catch a deal up here it’s a good. The stainless all terrain I picked couple years back for $600 one that stands out. Recent one pre 64 standard in a 270 for $850. But these don’t come along all the time. Most up here think they are sitting on a pot of gold.
I understand buddy. When I look at this rifle it makes me regret not buying the one I saw recently for $2,200.00 it was a long tang first year (4 digit serial #) deluxe with bolt peep. It was very clean, all original and beautiful. Nicely cut checkering and well cared for. Not bad for a rifle made almost 90 years ago.. One of my buddies bought his '51 standard for $500.00 on the Oregon coast. Its a beautiful rifle as well and shoots 3/4" 3 shot groups, as did the 1937 deluxe model I bought for $900.00. That 71 used to be pretty damn popular in Alaska, from what I hear.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA