Originally Posted by cra1948
Hat etiquette is practiced all around our community, that being The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina.

I prefer not to wear a hat, but I do need to keep the sun off somewhat. I do not where a hat indoors. (Three steps either way.) No one wears a hat at my dinner table. In the past, when the boys have had friends leave a hat on in the house I correct them (nicely.) Adults I don't bother with but few around us would wear a hat inside anyway.

Out in public.... yes, I've seen baseball caps in church a few times....amazing. I was always taught that uncovering at the table was a measure of respect for the food and the person who prepared it.

We have certain social conventions intended to show respect, good manners and good upbringing. I guess in a sense, these conventions are an unspoken assurance to the people you interact with that you are a decent, non-threatening person.

Just a surface indication that much of the fabric of our society is coming unravelled.

You know, I made that hat crack just because it was there, if you know what I mean. I don’t think the man’s being rude, it just seems like the hat is a prop or an affectation, not what he wears ordinarily when he loads. That’s reenforced by him wearing a ball cap when he’s outside shooting in the other videos, where a wide brim might be really useful. At any rate, I wish him well in his new position, and based on the piece just read he’ll do just fine, even without the family connection. Nothing wrong with putting your child in a job if you can either, especially when he’s able.

What fresh Hell is this?