You see a lot of the same mentality here that, at various times in our history, opposed rifled bores because they took longer to ram a ball down and the injuns might get you....those steam engine railroad things will never work because the human body cannot survive sustained speeds of greater than 20 mph...yeah, those new-fangled percussion-cap guns are great until you run out of percussion caps 30 days from the nearest trading post... cartridge firearms???? what happens if they stop making the cartridge you need??? smokeless powder??? blows up shotguns...horseless carriages??? they're not reliable...you can't get fuel everywhere... they're dangerous...they won't go through snow....flat tire every five miles...Get a horse! What do I need a GD computer for?? Electronic ignition? No thanks, I want to be able to replace my points and set the gap and timing myself....fuel injection? give me a good ole carburetor I can adjust and rebuild on the kitchen table if necessary....cell phone? what do I need a cell phone for, there's too many dead spots in my AO...besides, who needs an electronic leash? Smart phone?? all I want to do is make phone calls, I'm not a GD teenager.

EV's aren't perfect, no technology is. They've evolved faster than anything I've ever seen. They're not currently the answer to everybody's vehicle needs, but neither are four-wheel drive pickup trucks. In fact, I'd bet there are a lot of people driving around in four-wheel drive pickups who'd be just as well served with a Tesla. News flash: there are a lot of people out there who don't pull trailers, don't travel in snow and don't go off the road with their vehicles. I would be very surprised if my wife didn't get an EV for her next vehicle and that will work out just fine for us. She seldom goes more than 20 miles from home with her current car. I am just as sure I will go to my grave in a full-sized, four-wheel-drive pickup.

Mathew 22: 37-39