I've been on a complete tear this AM, banging through projects that got waylaid by my various maladies and misfortunes over the past few months. One thing I managed to knock out was a new Wordpress site. The purpose of this site is a testbed for a novel I finished a while back. Before I go about publishing it, I'd like to test it out on folks.

I actually started this dang thing back in 2016. I had just gotten my first novel published, decided to officially retire (the first time), went off deer hunting, and got the idea for the story in the stand. After all the venison was in the freezer for the season, I banged out 6 chapters. The following week, I got a call for an interview, and within the week, I'd climbed back in the saddle and was doing my bit-jockey thing again. The novel sat idle until they started closing the plant last spring. With really nothing to do and a lot of time to kill, I had ample opportunity to finish the novel. I was taking the summer off to let the thing settle and figured I'd come back to it in the fall. However, the Left Nut Job happened, and . . . well, y'all know that story.

If you were watching in 2016, you may have noticed a bunch of oddball questions on 24HCF about things like:

When did cans of spray foam insulation show up on hardware store shelves?
What sort of pistol would a small shop owner keep behind the counter in 1975?
. . . yeah, this is the novel.

TLEE, by the way, will end up getting a credit for being my technical adviser on this. His law enforcement experience came in very handy.

The story: The High School Newspaper Editor and his girlfriend stumble on a body and decide to solve it themselves.
The twist: This may sound like Brains Benton Grows Up, but it turns into something more like James Bond.

Here's the deal: I need about 2 dozen test readers. If you guys would PM me with your full name and an email address, I will send back the location of the secret clubhouse, your account will be your 24HCF user name, and I'll include a password for access. I will post a chapter or two every week, and I'll provide a way to comment. Heck, we can probably start a thread here.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer