Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by kwg020
I am still riding that horse so I don't have the time to devote to a novel. But, in 1975 a shop keeper would have a Colt detective special under the counter if he liked revolvers and a pocket pistol in .32. A war relic he brought home from WWII if he is an older guy or one his father brought home from somewhere in Europe if he is a younger guy. I have a similar pistol I bought from the old sheriff many years ago. We called them a war "bring back". Some farm wife brought it in to him after her husband died for "proper disposal".
kwg

I finally decided to go with 38 S&W. The character who owned it was a frail older man and the pistol is found tucked in a cubby hole with his secret stash. One of the clues is he ends up dead with a East-bloc auto in his hand-- not something a normal guy would have. As the story progressed, I also needed whatever the guy had to be a weak enough round not to totally penetrate a cinder block wall. I've actually shot a cinder block with 38 S&W; it did a miserable job.
Good choice. That was my #3 option.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.