Met with the oncologist today. Bad news. Dad is supposed to start chemo on Tuesday of next week and it is the least invasive and least effective of the 3 choices - since he won't be able to tolerate the multi-drug chemo. I believe the chemo drug the doc wants to use is called Gemcitabine. Then, if he responds well, maybe radiation - all in an effort to shrink the tumor (currently inoperable) which is encasing his superior mesenteric vein & artery so that it can be surgically removed. There's only a 10% chance any of this will work. Doc said that more than likely, his entire pancreas will have to be removed if he's successful at shrinking the tumor away from the superior mesenteric vein & artery. Doc gave him 2-4 months if he does nothing and 1+ yr. if he goes on chemo, which I don't quite understand if the chemo regimen only has a 10% chance, at most, of working.

I asked about Ivermection, and although the oncologist didn't ridicule the idea, he said that there's no chance it will work and that no scientific study supports the efficacy of Ivermectin's use against cancer. He also cited that many, many people have harmed themselves by taking Ivermection and he advised against it ,which is pretty much the answer I suspected he would give. Dad want's to take it, so I will order him a bunch of horse paste tomorrow. I plan to give it to him 3x/wk.

On another note I've started cleaning up around here. Dad is a bit of a hoarder and there's crap everywhere. Not as bad as the TV shows, but a lot of stuff piled up. There's a lot to do. I started to clean and organize the workshop, for the hundredth time. Cleaned the garage, started detailing his car, though he shouldn't drive anymore and a bunch of other stuff.

He was very mean to Mom today. I understand the frustration he must surely be feeling, but there's no reason for him to treat her that way - especially when she has been his caregiver for the last many years. We're trying to be as patient and understanding as possible.

Last edited by High_Noon; 05/17/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue