673;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you're all well and warm enough???!!!

We were cutting some firewood for a buddy whose had cancer treatments the other morning and it was snowing on us!! Again!!! eek

The morel picking has even been delayed, though we did get a good haul earlier this week one day.

Anyways, I need to call you again sometime as it's been too long since we shot at the bull - or bear - I have another yard bear...again....

Thanks again for putting me onto that book by Alexander Ross, it's a really good sound bite of the times and how the folks, FN and otherwise were getting by out here back then.

If you're into coastal stuff, this book was mentioned in the linked article and I've read it at least twice, though I don't have my own copy and really should get it.

https://www.abebooks.com/9781555531317/Captive-Nootka-Indians-Northwest-Coast-1555531318/plp

Again for sure the author isn't FN and has a bias, but he's also a decent observer of what was going on and his account is detailed enough that one can learn a fair bit about coastal FN life in the late 1700's.

Slave raids along with internal and external warfare was pretty much the order of the day.

Oh as a by the way, the author John Jewitt was a blacksmith and forged some fishing/whaling bits for the Nootka chief who enslaved him and those are or were on display at the Royal Victoria Museum. Whether they'll still be there anymore I cannot say, as they suggest a bit of a "different" history than the utopian claptrap being espoused by many these days.

Well sir, we're off to drop a couple dead Doug Fir trees for buddy's sister's firewood for the winter so we'll catch you on the other side.

All the very best to you all and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"