Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Guru on the Mountaintop,😁

Deflave, very limited dot time on others guns.
Don't like them, but recognize the craftsman isn't able to utilize the tool.
Not that the tool is bad.

Was thinking of trying an iron/dot setup to help find the dam thing.

Now, you got me thinking of just trying a dot on a 22 to get used to them.

If teaching a new handgunner, and wanting them to learn how to use
most anything, Dot or irons first.

I put a dot on the girls 22 rifle and they didn't like it at all.
They ask for the scope back. And that was for 50yd and under plinking.

My previous post on getting comfortable with them was in reference to defensive type shooting from a holster. And I do believe that a virgin pistol shooter will benefit greatly by going straight to an optic. This is for or a variety of reasons not the least of which being that you are going to have grip issues and presentation resolved right out of the gate. And that can only make you a better shooter in the long run.

But if you just want to try a dot to try a dot, sure. There's nothing wrong with slapping one on a .22LR and giving it a go.

My kids rifles wore dots a lot but for sub-25yds stuff. When I say this I'm referring to beer can or gopher size targets. Bigger targets allow their use out further but if the dot is covering a significant portion of what they want to hit they will struggle. Once my son wanted to start hitting small schit past 30ish yds I made sure he had a 4X or better. My oldest daughter was always fine hitting the stuff that was real close so never moved past them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house