Originally Posted by SamOlson
If you beat the hell out of it, Honda.

If you prefer nicer cab options and aren't abusing the machine, Polaris.

Open cab I would go Honda.

That said our '16 900XP Ranger has been fine.
(full cab, heater, glass, it's nice inside on a cold day)
Thanks Sam, won't he beating it up at all...the Pioneer 1000-5 Forest has fold down seats in the cargo bed. I would rather just have the Pioneer 1000 Forest or Trail model without this extra feature as the full roll cage over the cargo bed with all the netting just doesn't look that nice...I can remove this section of the roll cage, so I guess not a big deal...and the dealer cannot get either of the other 2 models without this option. I feel like the Honda may be a little "beefier" and the Honda name has been around for years. I know the Polaris Ranger has been around for years also and should be pretty bulletproof by now. I do like how the Ranger Trail Boss sets up a little higher and the seats are really nice. I guess it's going to be more of a flip of the coin...the Pioneer has a few things that I don't need, but it does come standard with the winch and hard doors for a little less than the Ranger Trail Boss which I would have to install a winch and hard doors which would add more to the cost. I'm sure either one will serve my needs...just haven't been involved with these UTV's to know if there are inherent issues mechanically that puts one above the other.

Thanks
Gene