Used to shoot 100+ each summer back in the late 70's and early 80's here in central NY. Now we're overpopulated with coyotes and they get all the woodchucks. I'd feel guilty shooting one. Best evening ever, I crawled through deep grass to the edge of a field and setup my 270 to shoot off a Harris bipod. There were 11 woodchucks out feeding in a field that is probably 10 acres. The closet were about 150 yards away and the furthest were what later turned out to be 330 yards. I worked from left to right shooting woodchucks and got 9 of them. The other 2 wised up and headed down their holes. Had to crawl back to my pickup once to get more ammo since I'd only brought the magazine full. I then drove to a different field and shot 4 more, for a total of 13 that evening. My 270 is an old (1967) M70 and I had a Bushnell 2.5-8X Scopechief on it at that time. I was shooting 130gr Nosler Ballistic Tips with a hefty charge of A4350 for 3,050fps. After 4,000+ rounds, it will still keep 3 shots well under an inch. I had a 223 and 22-250 at the time, but could never shoot them as well as I can my old M70.