Originally Posted by Jim270
My Dad was stationed in Germany during the Korean conflict, at one point in time he was driving a jeep for Gen. Gavin. I myself never saw him, but shook hands with G.S. Meloy when I ETSed out of Division. Roscoe Robinson was the CG when I first got there.

Gen Roscoe was a great guy ... first African American CG of Divison and I think he ended up at Corp too. I think he came right after Lindsey if I remember correctly which happened right after I was reassigned to Vicenza with the Nickle Oh Nasty under Nuke'm Needham. Those days are foggy. I'll be partying with some guys at the reunion this weekend who will help me to remember and then doing the CSM golf tourney in Myrtle Beach the week of the 3rd ... Roscoe's CSM will be there, he always is. He's a libtard [bleep] but Roscoe was as conservative as they come. Come to think of it ... wait, I think Roscoe was actually CG when I arrived in 78. I get my tours confused. Roscoe ... then I left for Vicenza after Gallant Eagle under Lindsey. Returned under Foss. Went back to Vicenza under Kellogg and came back under Vines. Went back under Scaporretti and retired under Huggins.

The wife knows for sure ... but I'm pretty sure that's right.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.