Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just took the whole family to it. We all really enjoyed it. I thought it was well done. It didn't try to push some huge ridiculous woke idea on you. Although it did make sure there was a female, some blacks, and a Hispanic top gun and I'm ok with that. All kids should get to dream about flying a fighter. They will probably be in trouble for leaving out the gay and tyranny movement but everything doesn't always have to be about them. All I can say about that is gutsy move maverick.

All the PC BSing aside it was a well done entertaining movie my whole family enjoyed. It was pretty tastefully done for hollyweird too. My 6 year old really loved the show and I loved that I was able to enjoy it with him without worrying about exposing him to a bunch of garbage. There was just a few swear words but not over the top. Go see it on the big screen. It even made Tom seem like a likable human being.

Bb
Jeeze....okay for family?

Yes, I thought it was OK for family. My wife is usually really uptight about what the kids see. I've seen her walk out of kids shows. She stayed clear through this one. I thought it gave the kids a positive view of our people in uniform. It will be good for them to remember what it used to be like after the left destroys our military and turns it against us.

There was nothing too raunchy, but there was 1 F word in the heat of battle and a few S words during intense moments.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 05/27/22.