Originally Posted by navlav8r
My wife and I saw it this afternoon and we both enjoyed it. I think non-aviators get a bigger kick out of it ‘cause they won’t know the things that are a “little” bogus.

Filming the faces of the actors under “G” forces gave a little hint at how hard ACM is on the body. At the end of one of the ACM sequences as soon as the fight ends, Maverick rips his mask off. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve done that. It’s funny because we were breathing 100% oxygen (with older LOX systems) through the mask but it was so relieving to get a couple of deep breaths and not feel like you were sucking out of the mask. I wonder if someone coached him to do that or if it came naturally?

In the original, I think it was “Jester” that that had a patch from my F-14 squadron, VF-33 and my son jumped up and yelled out in the theater, “that’s my daddy’s squadron!” 😊 In this episode one of the characters had a patch from VFA-151 which was VF-151 when I was in it flying F-4s on the Midway. It’s a circular, black patch with a skull on it. My wife saw it first but she didn’t yell about it 😊
F-4s? Jeepers you got old balls!
Just kidding.
About any mil movie can be picked apart but it sounds like they got some key details right.
Have always been envious of aviators.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN