My wife and I saw it this afternoon and we both enjoyed it. I think non-aviators get a bigger kick out of it ‘cause they won’t know the things that are a “little” bogus.

Filming the faces of the actors under “G” forces gave a little hint at how hard ACM is on the body. At the end of one of the ACM sequences as soon as the fight ends, Maverick rips his mask off. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve done that. It’s funny because we were breathing 100% oxygen (with older LOX systems) through the mask but it was so relieving to get a couple of deep breaths and not feel like you were sucking out of the mask. I wonder if someone coached him to do that or if it came naturally?

In the original, I think it was “Jester” that that had a patch from my F-14 squadron, VF-33 and my son jumped up and yelled out in the theater, “that’s my daddy’s squadron!” 😊 In this episode one of the characters had a patch from VFA-151 which was VF-151 when I was in it flying F-4s on the Midway. It’s a circular, black patch with a skull on it. My wife saw it first but she didn’t yell about it 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.