I owned one of those for a bit. A '71 New Yorker purchased in 2000 with 60K on the meter. I kept it long enough to extract the motor and put it into a '75 3/4 T 4X4 Dodge.

When I started the truck and drove it down the hiway, It nearly jumped off the road every time the tach neared 3000 RPM. Which was 20mph in first, 40 mph in second, and 60 mph in high gear. The old girl had to turn 4000 RPM to make 80 mph on the freeway. (thank God for the introduction of OD trannys in pickup trucks.)

After some research at the local Dodge dealer, I learned the '71 had a steel crank while my original '75 had a cast crank. As they were externally balanced, I had to pull the engine again and put the car's torque converter back onto the 71 engine.

I had just rebuilt the tranny and replaced the torque converter, I had been loathe (mistakenly) to toss a brand new torque converter in the dumpster.

Imagine my surprise when I saw on the dealer's books, that 71 440 cid Chrysler was rated at a phenomenal 185 HP from the factory.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.