Originally Posted by 57springer
Originally Posted by greydog
Originally Posted by ribka
two cops did run in and were shot,. Should probably wait for the investigation to conclude. None of us has idea what occurred and the media has a very proven history of lying

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My nephew is a cop in a large southwestern city (and, by the way, a Medal of Valor awardee), and we were talking about this today. He was amazed that any cop on the scene would wait around for orders under those circumstances. He assures me that he'd go in right away, whether or not he was the first on the scene, and he'd engage the shooter. He says his department's policy permits this, and doesn't require an officer to wait for backup, or orders from superiors, when lives are at risk, particularly children's lives.

PS My nephew has won two shooting engagements with armed perps in the six years he's been a cop.

We have heard about these two cops who rushed in and were shot (though not badly enough that they couldn't turn tail and run back out) but have heard very little about them since this assertion. We have heard that they checked the door and found it to be locked. Shot were fired through the door, striking the officers; they prudently withdrew and did not approach again after this close call.
We will probably NEVER know what happened, exactly. This is because law enforcement employs professional liars who lie to cover up mistakes. In addition, all reports we receive, from any source, are created by other professional liars who lie to push their agenda or to to simply jazz up the story.
We all want our cops to be heroes who are in place to protect and serves us; the people who pay for them. It seems, in this case, the people of Uvalde didn't really get their money's worth. GD
I have been wondering that as well , Splinters from the door or actual bullet wounds ?
I'm sure that determination has been made by now but if you are shot at through a door and find yourself bleeding how important does that distinction seem?