Originally Posted by Angus1895
Good shooting there Fireball!

It's not me. I am just as capable of shooting some bad groups as I am these. It's the rifle and load combined. It's like magic together. Seriously, I'm shooting over the hood of the truck off a bipod. I think this trashed Savage 358 is more a guided missile launcher than a rifle. I mean come on, holes touching, same hole, over and over? Crazy.

It's probably the most accurate rifle I own out of three safes of contestants. In fairness, I haven't fired most of them but how could any do better than that? I'm going to try the same load in a 358 EG when I get around to it, but I don't expect it to do this well. It's just a good combination of load to rifle I suspect.

I have noticed the 358's and 375 Savage 99's shoot better than the smaller bore rifles. All of them I have tried anyway. The 375 I owned for 25 years or so was a one holer. Saddlering/John ended up with that one. I hope he still has it!

As hanco mentioned the 180 Barnes ttsx shoots very well in the 358 carbine I put together. Have only killed one bear with it so far, at 25 yards. Went up in the mountains yesterday in fact and retrieved the skull from that one. It had disappeared but I was able to locate it. Check out that broken tooth! Tough old bear, but he was losing weight when I got him.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

16" carbine

Last edited by Fireball2; 05/30/22.

LOL