Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Spend a little more and get your moneys worth.

With a Baer you will get actual accuracy guarantees. Plus they have upgraded versions like the 1.5" versions that will guarantee you 5 shots under 1.5 inches at 50 yards. That is something the very vast majority will not. Most of them will just give you window dressing and silly names.

I purchased a Les Baer P2 1.5" gun and it is absolutely a tack driver. It handles a wide variety of ammo and works well in various conditions as well. Truly an excellent handgun. I have carried it hunting elk in sub zero weather and in hot nasty sandy desert environments and it functions great.

Some guys want to own certain guns to say that they own brand X for bragging rights or for collector reasons. Some guys are shooters, and want performance from their equipment. Both are fine. Decide what you are looking for. I personally am interested in performance and went with the Baer, and have been very pleased.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is a really good looking piece. All business with the right equipment on board. I have one question- are those grips comfortable ? Not sure I could get used to them but the picture may be just skewing my view a bit...

I've had several sets of the Herrett stocks, (like those), and they're always a good comfortable set for most pistols. Mine were on Colts, nothing as sweet as that Baer, but they were good and comfortable (and I like the looks). I have several other 1911s right now, and they'd all look better with those stocks.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.