Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Yeah, and the beard and long hair keep my face at 98F and keep the 100F+ degrees off. Along with some evaporative cooling too.
I've found my head will sweat and cool from evaporation much better if it ain't covered in a thick layer of insulation, which is why I don't wear an insulated winter hat in the summer.. If insulation helps keep you cooler in the summer more power to ya. You might try ditching the shorts and wearing some insulated pants and insulated long sleeved shirt or maybe even a coat. That should keep you positively comfy on those acorching hot summer days. Or have you heat stroking out in short order.

Good evening Blackheart.
I am currently helping a Mexican crew with a remodel on the western slope.
Those guys do just like you say and work their asses off wearing
hoodies , long pants, insulated steel toes and its typically over 65 ? Occasionally as hot as 90.
I dont know how they do it? I'm in shorts and tee shirt and those guys are bundled up like winter.

I was on a vacation with a Polish woman on Marthas Vineyard one summer.
We went to the nudie beach just about every day for 3 weeks.
Not a stitch on and I was always hot ?

Wind coming off the coast, neked as a jay same as everyone else and just hotter'n hell all the time?
Funny story, when guys gotta take a leak, they wade out into 4 feet of water and pee. You can always tell because it takes a minute to get used to the temperature change. You cant just bust out a gushing stream of piss when entering a cold ocean.
Women just stay put and pee little holes in the sand just where they sit.
Pretty handy for them.

Anyway I dont think there is a fool proof way to stay cool and its situational at best.
How did your Aunt that had the covid do? You never mentioned her after posting.

.... like tears in the rain