Check the game laws through all the states you will be traveling through. It is against the law in most states to import (drive through) with bone-in meat due to CWD.

I took a large bodied 7x6 bull in eastern Montana in 2020. I deboned the bull and used a 110qt and 65 qt RTIC for all the meat and a 65 YETI for the cape with plenty of room for frozen 1/2 gallon milk jugs in each cooler. Note, the 65 YETI does not have as much capacity as the 65qt RTIC. RTIC sizes are true quarts, YETI is not.

Dry ice is hit or miss where I have hunted in the past. I would not rely on it. I froze a bunch of 1/2 gallon jugs (approximately 30 or so) before I left NC and stored in the pre-chilled 110qt RTIC. The cooler was completely full of frozen jugs. I stuffed any void spaces with old towels where I could. I kept the cooler closed the entire trip and left it in the shade during the hunt. I only opened it when it was time to pack the meat and drive home.

The jugs were still partially frozen when I got home 12 days later. I did not use all of the jugs with the meat on the trip back to NC.

Good luck with your hunt. I hope your load is heavy on your return trip!

Last edited by CarolinaHunter; 06/12/22.