Originally Posted by Okanagan
I've been for DeSantis for the past year.

Trump was the best president in my lifetime, but he is carrying too many negatives. He might win but it is risky, especially when the Dems have so many negatives that any viable non-Democrat candidate should win easily.

IMO Trump is too old. He is so polarizing that there are zero undecided voters when it comes to Trump. There are no voters to win over.

Wish he would back DeSantis. And then I hope DeSantis would have the wisdom and courage to govern the way he has so far. In my history of elected officials, that last is unlikely.

Add to that we need a guy who can be there for eight years to straighten out the schitshow we have now, not four and out the door. Lets face it, at Trump’s age, stuff can happen to one’s health suddenly and without warning. Much less chance of that with a younger guy.

An alternative would be Trump/DeSantis, with Trump bowing out after serving just past the cutoff date, giving DeSantis more than 8 years.

Frankly, I’d be surprised if Trump deferred to the younger guy. DeSantis will probably have to win it, and I think he can. The batch of losers Trump beat out for 2016 weren’t much of a challenge. Ron will be something else again.

Make no mistake, Trump was a great President and accomplished great things against incredible odds. For now, I think he can best serve as a distraction for the Dems before DeSantis swoops in and grabs the ball at the last minute. No doubt in my mind he would be the best choice to help this country.

What fresh Hell is this?